CARING FOR OUR PATIENTS, THEIR LOVED ONES, AND EACH OTHER
View this video to learn more about what it means to be a Duke Nurse:
Duke Nurses are transforming the future of patient care. Guided by our mission, vision and values, we are committed to excellence. We are leaders, innovators, and educators. We are passionate about what we do.
Duke University Health System Nursing is committed to quality care of our patients, their family members, and the community through excellence in leadership, practice, innovation, and education.
We will be leaders in:
- Providing quality and compassionate nursing care
- Creating positive work environments that foster and support professional growth and development
- Partnering with other disciplines and patients/families in the provision of healthcare
- Establishing the standards for nursing practice
- Developing and implementing innovative, professional, evidence-based nursing care
NURSING CORE VALUES
Our core value is “Caring for Our Patients, Their Loved Ones, and Each Other.” We achieve this through:
PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE MODEL
We derive our beliefs and values from our Professional Practice Model – a description of the beliefs and values used to consistently demonstrate professional practice within an organization. Through this model, we deliver care to achieve excellent outcomes that are consistent with the nursing values and expectations grounded in caring practices:
- Professional Growth
- Patient-centered Principles